Wednesday, January 21, 2015

This week

So this week was super fun and a couple key points
1: So an elder in our zone bought a scale and so i was interested and I have lost approximately 30 lbs on the mission so far. BOOM yeah pretty happy about that.

But yeah the mission activity was awesome played some different games and some stuff with the mission. We all got mission t-shirts and mine was huge because apparently I am not even kind of a 2x or the shirt sizes here are weird. But it was super fun. We watched meet the mormons! It was super good the mission mom part was funny couple guys had wet eyes. But when they showed him going to mr mack for his stuff like every elder from Utah went Hey I went there that guy helped me! Then the airport scene was the same Hey I went there awesome. Friggin Utahans. But it was funny. We all wanted to know how he got his name tag already though. Something fishy. but yeah. then we finished it with all of us singing Called to Serve which in my mission is sung more like a war chant than anything else its awesome. And it was all 220 some odd of us it was powerful. but it was awesome.

So this week was hot as heck. I was dieing all day. We have taken to just asking for water during contacts because waterbottles last like15 minutes before empty now. So it works well the people here are all super nice and only one guy has said no in the 2 weeks that we have been doing it. So thats cool. But yeah very hot and all of our citas have been falling so we have had like a lesson a day and a whole lot of contacts. Not an ideal day. But yesterday we had a cita that was there and they were like yeah come in and we almost didn’t know what to do. So that was fun. But yeah.

And yeah we have just kind of been going. Sanders' last week here in Las Americas cambios are monday so we will find out who my new comp will be. Interesting and fun!

So fun thing I got a package from Grandma Galbreath! She sent me 4 killer ties, socks a calendar from Ag northwest and a little tractor keychain.
Super awesome the ties are amazing and the calendar has a bunch of pictures of home, different fields and stuff. Its amazing every since I got out here Ag is like all I can think about home. After the mission and stuff. I do miss the fields. It was beautiful back home. Enjoy it
for me. And the tractor I have literally shown like all of my investigators I'm like hey check this out! It’s awesome right? I am super pumped about it.

But yeah i love you guys I will try and post pictures but this internet is horrible so I don’t know if I can. Next week definitely.

Love ya
Elder Galbreath

Dads email:
Ok so first
1 Hi dad
Ok now that the important stuff is out of the way
There is a guy here who sells scripture cases here of leather hand carved stuff with pictures of what you want. Super cool stuff about 20 mill a piece which is about 40 bucks a piece. Which is expensive i know. I have been looking at them not sure if I'm sold but they are really cool. Ill send you the email and you can google translate it to see what you think.

And if you could compile a list of dates like birthdays anniversaries and such for me that would be awesome now that i have the calendar for the year and stuff.

And this is the cool part for you
So the other day we were talking with Jose who is an investigator and he had a ton of stuff go down, he lost his job, his wife was in a car accident and his son got scraped by a car kinda bad. Luckily no one is hurt beyond some scrapes though. So he is kind of at wits end dealing with everything and he kind of unloaded on us about his son who basically is a really nice kid and all this and is super selfless. But just the show of love for his son and his story made me miss you
pretty bad. I realize how much you do for us and how difficult it is for you sometimes and i just wanted to tell you i really do love you and appreciate you. I probably cant understand everything but I felt like I got a little glimpse and I was really humbled. Love you muchly
old man.

Your son

Elder Galbreath XI

No comments:

Post a Comment