well its official my connection is leaving me. Elder Ordoñez is getting out of here to go to Los Angeles and I'm going to be training so I have no idea who is my new comp but I will be telling y’all about him next monday.
But this week was good, but one part was crazy.
Ok so Friday we had a "Zone Attack" where we all went to Temuco and helped a couple sectors that are big find new investigators. Which was awesome I worked with an elder Barco and we worked in the rich part of this sector which was cool change but usually the people don’t let us in much because they don’t feel like they need something. But so we were contacting and not having much success when we yelled at one door. This guy came out and was pretty much telling us to go away when all of a sudden he was like yeah come on in. So we go in and have this super awesome lesson with him where he tells us all about this stuff that happened in his life and his family. Completely opened up to us. And after the lesson he was like I don’t understand, I usually don’t let anyone come in, when he pays someone to clean the chimney they have to show id first and they do it outside, they don’t come in. And he is a very closed person that’s why he has a couple problems that he does because he doesn’t like to share with anyone. But he just opened up to us completely and he doesn’t understand why he feels like he can trust us. I wanted to just scream “Its the spirit!!!!!!!” And it was.
But then in the night we were in the micro going back home and then we realized my comp left the phone with someone in temuco. But the last bus that leaves for Cunco leaves at 830 and it was 8. Its usually half an hour to get to the station from where we were. So we practically jump off the bus and are running round trying to figure out how we can get there a bus passes by that takes us perfectly where we need to go, but my comp says thats weird cause it almost never passes. So we get on, get the phone, get to another micro that takes us to the terminal, and get there all before 830. Every step of the way I was just praying my heart off asking God to help us with the next step. It was cool because the thought entered my head what happens if with all this praying, we don’t make it. So i thought for like 5 seconds and responded to that little doubting voice then at least I will know I tried my hardest to do it. And it worked. That would be my miracle for the week. God answers prayers.
So this Sunday was our branch conference, where guess who was asked to teach Gospel Doctrine 30 seconds before it started. thats right the elder from Washington. So I was trying to read the manual to see what the heck I had to teach when the stake president was like when can we start. I asked for like 5 minutes to read something more than just the title but he was just like nahh its cool its already planned. So i did it. Started out having people read a bible story before i could recover and figure out the topic. Then proceeded to teach an hour lesson in front of our stake leadership. Nervous? Of course not that left a long time ago.......but it was cool. Again I give thanks for the Galbreath BS skill and the spirit.
That would kind of be my stories for the week. I love yall. Yall look great in the photos. I love the carnival food.
Love yall.
Elder Galbreath
No comments:
Post a Comment