I’m sure you all almost thought you didn’t have to worry about hearing from me but haha surprise!!!!! So this week ,yesterday, we had a zone activity but because we have to rely on buses we had to wait to come back home. Unfortunately we had to wait 2 hours for a bus to pass. No idea why a bus didn’t come earlier like normal but we didn’t get back until like 6:30. And we had appointments so we had to go work. But good news is we got permission to write today instead.
So this week was pretty good we just kind of did mission stuff. You know zone conferences, exchanges, walking into the middle of nowhere to contact, and baptizing a 92 year old and her granddaughter. Yeah, you read that all right
So Tuesday I had an intercambio in Friere with a guy from my district name of Elder Sanchez. Cool guy from Peru. He is actually a lawyer legally licensed and everything. Convert of like 2 years. But he studied a lot before the mission so he and I had fun talking about books and stuff we had read. Both of us walked away with books we are going to read after the mission now. I’m excited.
Then Wednesday we had to go to Temuco for a zone conference with President Bluth and the zone of Victoria. We are 2 small zones so we are together. But we had to be there at 9 which is impossible to do from Loncoche so we had to sleep all in Freire Tuesday night. Which is great and all unless you realize that they have 2 mattresses for 4 people. Gave my comp the couch and I took the floor. Wasn’t horrible. Slept on worse floors before of that I will not lie. Haha. But the conference was good we are really focusing on "teaching repentance and baptizing converts" so we talked a lot about that.
Saturday was the big day. We have been teaching Berta and Katherine for a month now and the day of their baptism arrived. So we spent all day working on filling the baptismal font and stuff. And then we got a call from President Bluth saying how he was coming down for it. So that was like uhhhhhhhh AAAAHHHHH. Like I have always had that horrible doubt in the back of my head that says like oh no what if they back out, but that like doubles when President is there. Especially because Berta is 92 years old. And very deaf. She didn’t understand much she just liked how she feels when she comes to church and wanted to be baptized. But she is 92 and very old so we didn’t say no. But her granddaughter is 17 and she is super cool is thinking of serving a mission at this point. So we did that this weekend. Super fun days though. Everything went down good though actually we had our ward mission leader do the baptism so that was really cool. He wasn’t active when his son was baptized but he told me how that made him sad but yeah it happened so now he just has to take care of Katherine now. YYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH hermanamiento!!! I think in english we say fellowshipping but I ain’t to sure at this point. But so that was super dope.
Monday we went to some little waterfalls in Gorbea and it was super dope. Did some games and stuff and one of them was capture the flag. So I went hardcore and liked army crawled through bushes off to the side so I could get behind them and snuck up from behind to get their flag. I am also happy to report that it worked so we won capture the flag. It was super dope super happy about that. But really a fun pday. Also did some amateur rock climbing to get a rugby ball that fell into a river. Long story but it ends with us with the ball and the guy I was with was very dirty.
I love ya’ll a lot and I hope ya’ll have a great week. Stay safe, be strong.
Profound spiritual truth cannot simply be poured from one mind and heart to another. It takes faith and diligent effort. Precious truth comes a small piece at a time through faith, with great exertion, and at times wrenching struggles. The Lord intends it be that way so that we can mature and progress“ (Richard G. Scott,Acquiring Spiritual Knowledge, Ensign, Nov. 1993,
Elder Galbreath
No comments:
Post a Comment